By using this site you are confirming your acceptance of the terms and conditions, and you re-affirm the agreement every time you use it. Visitors to this website who are not Royal Marines Association (‘RMA’) members similarly agree that they are bound this agreement.
The RMA reserves the right to update the terms and conditions at any time. Please read these terms and conditions carefully. They may have changed since your last visit to this site.
- All users have access to the public pages of this website. Registered members of the RMA will have access to extra areas of the website when they login.
- You are responsible for ensuring that no material you post, or which is posted through a machine on which you access the RMA website, nor any activity or communication you make in connection with the RMA website, will be capable of (a) infringing the intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity, (b) breaching any applicable law, whether criminal, tortious or otherwise, or (c) appearing to be offensive, defamatory, libellious, threatening, obscene, racist, pornographic, false, unreliable or misleading. We reserve the right to suspend or withdraw a member’s access to restricted areas of the website if they misuse the site.
- Our website has been designed and created with modern browsers in mind. Browsers are the programs you use to access the internet such as Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer and Firefox. We do not support older browsers, in particular Internet Explorer version 8 and below. As time goes by, older browsers will cease to be supported. It should be noted that having an up to date internet browser is vital for security of using the internet and security of your machine so, for your own benefit, please always keep you browser up to date.
Fees and membership applications
- There are no fees relevant to this website aside from annual subscription for membership of the RMA. You can join the RMA online here. Membership can be paid by Direct Debit or PayPal. You may also send us your credit or debit card details over the phone.
- Membership to the RMA is based on eligibility that you understand and agree to meeting. We reserve the right to change your membership type, or revoke membership, in the circumstances when eligibility criteria have been falsified. In the event we revoke membership, your joining fee will be refunded to the source of payment.
- Once we’ve received your payment we will process your membership application in the fastest time possible and in the order they are placed. We aim to issue your membership card within 28 days (this may be longer for international applications).
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that this website is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. However, websites do on occasion encounter downtime due to server and other technical issues. Therefore we will not be liable if this website is unavailable at any time.
This website may be temporarily unavailable due to issues such as system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control. Where possible we will try to give our visitors advance warning of maintenance issues but shall not be obliged to do so.
Links to and from other websites
Any links to third party websites located on this website are provided for your convenience only. We have not reviewed each third party website and have no responsibility for such third party websites or their content. If you choose to access a third party website linked to from this website, it is at your own risk.
If you would like to link to this website, you may only do so but subject to the following conditions:
- You do not in any way imply that we are endorsing any services or products unless this has been specifically agreed with us;
- You do not misrepresent your relationship with us or present any false information about us;
- You do not link from a website that is not owned by you; and
- Your website does not contain content that is offensive, controversial, infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or does not comply in any way with the law in the United Kingdom.
If you choose to link to our website in breach of any of the above you shall fully indemnify us for any loss or damage suffered as a result of your actions. We reserve the right to ask you to remove any link you may have to this website.
Buyer Beware (Caveat Emptor)
The Officers and Trustees of the Royal Marines Association give no warranties, assurances nor recommendations about any product, services, digital content or supply of goods together with the terms of any contract which may be advertised in any publication or e-mail published for, or on behalf of, the Royal Marines Association. Any member of the Association or other person who seeks to purchase such goods or services advertised in any publication of the Royal Marines Association must rely on their own independent research and enquiry before seeking to purchase any goods or services or seeking to enter into any Consumer Contract or other credit, lease or hire agreement.
Advertisements or offers to sell or provide goods or services or credit facilities are accepted by the Royal Marines Association on the understanding that the advertisers do not contravene the Trade Descriptions Act 1968, the Sex Discrimination Act 1975, the Business Advertisements (Disclosure) Order 1977, the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and other legislation or as may be amended, and conform to the British Code of Advertising Practice as such shall be amended or substituted from time to time.
Although every effort is made to ensure the correct price of merchandise or services quoted, it is possible that some prices may change. Every effort is made to ensure that firms or organisations mentioned or referred to in any advertisement or in any issue of the Association weekly RepNet e-mail or other publication for and on behalf of the Association are reputable. The Officers and Trustees of the Royal Marines Association can give no guarantee that those firms, companies, businesses and individuals will fulfil their obligations under all circumstances.