North East SuffolkSecretary
Ian George BondMeeting Times
APRIL to SEPTEMBER: 18.30 hrs; OCTOBER to MARCH: 12.00 hrs
John Graham (Graham) JonesPhoneMeeting Times
Ontario (London), CanadaSecretary
James (Jim) Anthony KeeganPhoneMeeting Times
1st Friday of the month at 12:00hrs
Derek Neil PenningtonPhoneMeeting Times
2nd Thursday of the month at 11:30hrs
Oxon and BucksSecretary
John TusonPhoneMeeting Times
2nd Thursday every other month at 11:00hrs. Please contact us for next meeting date.
Orville Oliver O'BrienPhoneMeeting Times
2nd Wednesday of the month at 19:00hrs
Poole and DistrictSecretary
Anthony John WardPhoneMeeting Times
3rd Thursday of the month at 20:00hrs
Christine HelsbyPhoneMeeting Times
3rd Thursday of the month at 19.30
The PT Branch has been in existence since the very first PT Reunion in 1971. There is no fee and the aim is to keep all former RM Physical Training Instructor’s in touch with each other and to inform them about relevant events, news etc.
We maintain our strong links to the serving PT Branch and our general aim is to keep the famous PT Branch spirit alive and well!
Just send your details to firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our list.
IMPORTANT! FUTURE STEPS FOR THE PT BRANCH
Dear Valued Member of the PT Reunion Club,
Thanks to the kind support of the former PTI/Corps RSM Phil Gilby MBE (now part of the RMA staff) and the AIPTRM, WO1 Damian (“Sully”) 0’Sullivan RM, we recently held a meeting on 22 November 2018 at CTCRM to discuss how the current PT Reunion Club can move forward and also form closer links with the serving PT Branch.
I would like to share with you the steps proposed and do hope to have your support in order to maintain our position as a premier branch of the Royal Marines.
- We have already evolved to become an established “Cyber-branch” of the RMA (the first!) and thanks to the fine efforts of our Secretary and Standard-bearer, John Farlie, we have now become prominent in all RMA national events. This was a big initial step forward, demonstrating our active support for the greater Corps Family.
- Also, at the last AGM there was overwhelming support to change the name of the PT Reunion Club to something more relevant to serving PTI’s. Therefore, the name of the former “PT Reunion Club” will change and now become the “RMA PT Branch” with immediate effect and the changes will be announced to the serving PTI’s Seminar at CTCRM in January 2019.
WHAT HAS BEEN DECIDED:
- The AIPTRM has already taken steps to invite all PTI’s throughout the corps to become RMA PT Branch members by January 2019. Additionally, all new qualified PTI’s will be automatically be encouraged to join our new joined-up body. This is a huge step forward!
- We must now do our part to support the new initiatives taken and I am asking you to please show your personal support for our new initiatives and become a full member of our new “PT Branch RMA” organisation with immediate effect. Taken together, the steps taken will hugely strengthen our links with the serving PT Branch and help to ensure our position as a major branch of our great corps family.
- Also, as a full RMA PT Branch member, it will be much easier for you to gain welfare support for you should you ever need it, which is so valuable in this increasingly uncertain world. With the emergence of The Royal Marines Charity (TRMC) it will also be much easier to apply for a grant for the bi-annual PT Reunion and other events.
- By supporting us and becoming a full RMA member you will also ensure that you receive all relevant PT Branch newsletters, details of the PT Branch Reunion & other events etc. Once you have joined the RMA, please ensure that you sign up as a member of the RMA PT Branch section! Your details will then be added to our main contact address list, so that we can keep you informed of PT Branch news.
HOW TO JOIN:
- The joining process is very simple and takes a couple of minutes, just click on the following link and complete your details: https://royalmarinesassociation.org.uk/join-us/
- Please note that following a recent RMA initiative there is now nothing to pay and RMA PT Branch membership is now free with no annual subscription, or future obligation, so there is no reason not to join!
You do not have to join a local RMA Club unless you wish to do so and you can also be a member of two RMA clubs.
- Those on our current list who are already RMA members are also urged to check their details on the RMA website members link above, to ensure that that they have opted for the RMA PT Branch membership.
- Once you have completed your details and joined the RMA we will receive notification and add you to our new address list. Please note that those who show no interest and we have not heard from for some time are likely to be removed from our current address list and will receive no future communications.
These are very important steps, designed to ensure the future of our own RMA PT Branch association, as well as forming a closer link with the serving PT Branch and the great corps family. I would like to please ask you personally to show your support by sparing a few minutes and completing you details via the link above. You will then be a Life RMA PT Branch Member!
I am sure that you will join me in thanking Phil Gilby MBE and the AIPTRM WO1 Sully O’ Sullivan RM for their great support in supporting our efforts to remain the pre-eminent branch of our great corps family. This represents a huge step forward for us all. Please play your most important part by showing your support and joining us now!
There is no need to reply to this message. However, if you have any queries, or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me. I am now by my phone most days until around 5 pm. and will be very pleased to hear from you.
In the meantime, may I thank you for your kind support.
With all good wishes,
Peter Brown MBE MSc.
0208 741 9971
P.S. There will be a PT2 Course pass out at CTCRM on Wed 19th December 2018 and you are all most welcome to attend.
Please note that you need to be seated in the Gymnasium by 0950.Secretary
Peter BrownPhoneMeeting Times
Virtual and PT Reunion bi-annually in October at CTCRM
Claire Anne BradleyPhoneMeeting Times
1st Wednesday of the month at 20:00hrs